ABA Connections is dedicated to providing high-quality, ethical, and affordable services for children and families impacted by Autism Spectrum Disorder and/or similar learning, developmental, or behavioural challenges through resources, methods, and services founded on the the science of Applied Behaviour Analysis.
Position Type: Permanent, Part-Time
Hours Per Week: 0-35 hours per week, with possibility for additional hours based on availability and organizational needs. Evening and/or Weekend Hours Required.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: $15.00 – $18.00/hour; based on education and experience
- Prepare and organize the teaching environment and materials
- Review available information pertaining to children on caseload
- Participate in assessment activities as appropriate
Individualized Program Implementation
- Provide Intensive Behavioural Intervention (IBI) and Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) under the supervision of a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst
- Follow prescribed programs as written and seek consultation as needed
- Utilize sound clinical judgment
- Assess individual children’s skills, abilities, interests, strengths and needs
- Collect and graph data to be used to evaluate children’s progress toward program goals
- Prepare written documentation regarding children’s plans and progress as required
Collaboration, Consultation, and Communication
- Collaborate with other team members in the development of IBI/ABA programs and procedures
- Maintain regular communications with parents and family members as required
- Participate in scheduled team meetings and conferences as required
- Present information (both written and oral) sensitively and effectively
- Collaborate with Supervising Therapists regarding programming and child’s progress
- Work within a multidisciplinary team and collaborate with Psychologists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists, etc.
- Must posses a High School Diploma or equivalent (required)
- Possess or be working towards a College Diploma or University Degree related to Behavioural Science, Psychology, or Early Childhood Development (preferred)
- Experience working with young children who have been diagnosed with Autism; Autism Spectrum Disorder; Pervasive Developmental Disorder (preferred); experience working with children (required)
- Demonstrated experience applying the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis and delivering Intensive Behaviour Intervention (IBI) (preferred)
- Experienced in behaviour management and modification techniques, specifically with young children (highly preferred)
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- A valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle for home and community visits (preferred)
- Fluently bilingual in English and French (preferred)
- Valid First Aid/CPR Level C (required)
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Police Check (required)
Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume and a cover letter.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.